The Hampton Lucy Page
HAMPTON LUCY WAR MEMORIAL
This article was taken from the Warwickshire Roll of Honour:
“The Hampton Lucy War Memorial was dedicated by the Rector, the Reverend O. Mordaunt during the evening service on Sunday 23 November 1919. The Memorial takes the form of a brass tablet with the inscription:-
“To the glory of God and in loving memory of John Griffin, George Morris, Arnold Simmonds, Alfred Burton and George Gibbs who offered their lives in the war 1914-1919. Eternal rest grant unto them O’Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them."
Click here to magnify Memorial photo
The revised Roll of Honour is now placed permanently in the quiet of the north side, its five names bearing testimony for all time to those brave men of the parish who have given their services for their God, their King and country”
(Announcement in the Stratford Herald 20th October 1916)
In addition we have also found the following who were connected with the village.